Known for its terrific gastronomy, wonderful beaches and for its talent in furniture design, Portugal is one of the best countries to visit, especially because it is the location of an inspiring international tradeshow when it comes to interior design: Portugal Home Week.
Located in the beautiful city of Oporto, Portugal Home Week hosts several Portuguese brands and it is dedicated to showing you what Portugal has the best. This tradeshow is established by APIMA (Associação Portuguesa das Indústrias do Mobiliário e Afins), an organization that cares about sharing and increasing Portuguese brands to the top.
It has two focal points:
- Home Summit: for sharing knowledge and debating design trends and solutions for the future.
- Home Show: where Portuguese brands are exposing their products and getting close with the customer, discussing details such as materials, preferences, needs and production. It is where you can prove the excellence of Portuguese design that we are so much proud of.
However, during this event, you can count on different activities, such as:
- B2B Meetings, between companies and importers;
- Dinner, a formal dinner for a convivial atmosphere;
- Pro Trips, to encourage visiting companies, facilitating the geographical proximity;
- Fun Trips, to share the unique beauty of Oporto’s historical landmarks and richness;
- Farewell Cocktail, to celebrate the accomplishments and our successful path.
Domkapa had the opportunity to be present at Portugal Home Week and we are here to bring you details about this magnificent tradeshow. We just can’t wait for the next one!
That’s right: between 2022’s June 21 and 22, at the Alfândega do Porto (or Oporto Congress Center), the second edition of Portugal Home Week has happened with the dominant themes of Sustainability and Internalization, where speakers of personalities of reference shared their ideas and beliefs among the different stakeholders in the sector.
Also, our beautiful and highly experienced sales team were present to help the visitors with anything they need and to show them our professional tools for them to reach success. From our catalogue, through our product brochure to our powerful sample box with our high-quality materials, our sales team had the pleasure to meet some interesting people with lovely projects. We showed them our production unit so they can meet the main characters of Domkapa’s professional path, who work every day to bring our customers excellence.
Between two days, the tradeshow offered the possibility to learn all about the sector with the architect Álvaro Siza Vieira, the designer Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance, the Executive Director of Elle Décor Ingrid Abramovitch, and so many other interesting people that shared knowledge and their perspectives of the design industry.
Meanwhile, we had the chance to get to know other participants from furniture, passing through home textiles and lighting to home utilities (ceramics, cutlery, metallic dinnerware, small appliances, glasses, and crystals), proving the diversity of the city of Porto. And, the best of all, we had the pleasure of exhibiting some of our latest collection and getting to know some of you!
These are some of the pieces that we showcased in this edition:
Portugal Home Week is a wonderful opportunity to demonstrate the excellence of the national production and the reaffirmation of what we have the best for the design industry. Oporto is known for tradition, know-how and quality and you surely don’t want to miss the next edition!