Everybody loves to buy new furniture and new décor accessories for our home. If a glass of wine falls to our sofa or if we damage other pieces for some reason, we tend to blame the brand and its quality, right? Well, the truth is that some of us don’t know how to take care of our furniture so we blame others.
Domkapa believes in delivering products of excellence, through manual production with optimized traditional techniques and the use of premium materials so we can ensure you quality moments. Comfort is an experience; and because we want our pieces to last, we bring you some tips on how you can maintain your furniture according to its material:
- Use a clean, damp cloth for cleaning care and maintenance;
- In case of a stain, use a damp cloth with natural soap with neutral pH;
- Keep your upholstery products away from chemicals for cleaning. They will damage your pieces.
- Use a dry cloth or soft bristle brushes to remove dust;
- For more thorough cleaning, use a cloth moistened in a solution with water and neutral pH soap. Finally, wipe with a dry cloth;
- Do not use any type of furniture polish;
- If you spill any liquid, you should always wipe it off as quickly as possible;
- Protect the surface against scratches.
Metals & Glass
- To clean metal and glass elements use a soft cloth moistened in a solution with neutral pH soap and let it dry with a dry cloth;
- Do not use any abrasive product or chlorine-based solution;
- To remove fingerprints, use a soft cloth or a cloth dampened with isopropyl alcohol.
- Use a soft cloth moistened with water. Avoid brushes and materials that can scratch the furniture surface;
- For more thorough cleaning, use a cloth moistened in a solution with water and soap of neutral pH, rubbing carefully. Then wipe with a cloth dampened only in water and dry with a soft cloth;
- To polish the lacquered surface, use a dry cloth, rubbing in a circular motion.
In a general way, you should protect your furniture from pets and children. They can accidentally damage furniture. Also, try to keep your pieces out of direct sunlight because it can dry out and fade the materials. Finally, avoid placing your furniture in steamy rooms unless they are prepared to receive humidity.
You should regularly maintain your products to ensure their durability. Remember, if you take care of your home, it will last longer, and its beauty will stand the test of time.
Check out our Care & Maintenance Page so you can get advice about how you can take care of your furniture, your warranty and other many characteristics of Domkapa’s products. Feel free to reach your sales manager if you have any questions about it. We are here to help!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Which Materials Suit My Home The Best?
We are working every day to bring you the most stylish ideas to fulfil your inspiration and to create the best interior design projects so feel free to follow our Instagram Page and subscribe to our newsletter.