When it comes to selecting the perfect seating for your space, the choices seem endless – you will need to choose between sofas, chairs, armchairs, benches, and poufs! This is when the great seating debate arises: poufs or benches?
The pouf can be versatile but the bench will be a better choice if you want a more classic approach, right? This means that there are some specific considerations to have in mind before deciding which is the better seating option for your home.
In this article, we will go through all of them and we hope it will help you decide which is the winner for your space: a pouf or a bench?
POUFS – PROS AND CONS
Are you seeking comfort, style and versatility? Well, these are some of the pros of choosing a pouf over a bench! We made a list to help you understand which are the pros and cons of this type of seating.
- Versatility: Poufs are the synonym for versatility – they can be used as a seating piece (obviously) but they can also serve as footrests, extra seating for your guests, extra storage, or even as a side table! And, best of all, they are usually very lightweight, so you can move them around your space, adapting to your daily needs.
- Compact Design: If you have a small living room and need extra seating for your guests without overcrowding, the compact design of poufs is perfect for that. You will have a cozy corner without taking up much space.
- Style Statement: Poufs usually come in a wide range of colors, patterns, and materials, making them a versatile choice for every interior design style!
- Limited Seating Capacity: Poufs are designed to not take up a lot of space, so they generally are suitable for one person only. (But you can always have multiple poufs, right?)
- Lack Of Back Support: If you are looking for a supportive and ergonomic seating option, the poufs are not a great choice.
If you decide to choose a pouf over a bench, we have a wide range of poufs! For extra storage, we have the new stunning Adley Pouf and Avery Pouf – they are very functional. But, if you only need extra seating with amazing design, we have several other poufs in our collection that will surely fit your space perfectly!
BENCHES – PROS AND CONS
A bench is a timeless seating piece that can be functional, stylish, and comfortable – all at the same time! Ready to go through its pros and cons?
- Ample Seating: Benches typically offer more seating capacity than poufs, making them a better choice if you usually have a lot of guests and a large family.
- Back Support: Unlike poufs, benches can come with backrests, providing better support and comfort for extended sitting periods.
- Space Requirement: Benches have a longer design than poufs, due to their rectangular format, so they may not be suitable for small spaces and corners.
- Less Flexibility: Again, due to their design, benches are not as easily moved around as poufs, making them less adaptable to daily needs.
If you decide to choose a bench over a pouf, we have three amazing options for you! Colbert, Henry and Vincent are three stunning and comfortable benches, each with a different and unique design. They will fit every interior design style, for sure!
After going through all the pros and cons of both poufs and benches, which seating option should be the winner of the great seating debate?
We believe there is a winner depending on what your space needs and it’s all about what makes you feel most comfortable. If you need a versatile seating piece, with extra storage, that doesn’t take up much space but has lots of style, poufs are definitely the right choice for you!
However, if you have lots of space, need more seating capacity and love pieces with a timeless design, benches are a better fit, for sure.
What about a combination of both poufs and benches? If you can’t choose between one or another, you can get the perfect seating balance in your home and enjoy the best of both worlds!
What are your thoughts on this debate? We would love to know your opinions on it, so please leave us a comment in the section below.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: E4 Estudio Interiorismo’s Interior Design Excellence In A Lisbon House
We are working every day to bring you the most stylish ideas to fulfill your inspiration and to create the best interior design projects so feel free to follow our Instagram Page and subscribe to our newsletter.